Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it March yet?

Trying to be patient, but this has never been my strong point honestly. Still waiting for Cleveland Clinic to call with a surgery date. My appointment was Thursday so it hasn't been long, again I am just not patient. I want this done with, I want my life back, I want off these darn meds.

Dr. Di doesn't handle pre-surgery meds so it's up to my regular Doc to manage me until surgery. Seeing as he is clueless on Chiari, how is he supposed to help me? He is a wonderful Doctor, I drive over an hour to see him and I HATE driving. But - he just doesn't know, so we guess. I am unsure if my newest worsening side effects are Chiari or meds.

Last night I couldn't sleep. Slept an hour and half total. It is now 2:30 A.M. and guess what? I am still awake :-( I am EXHAUSTED but cannot sleep. If I drift, within minutes I am awake again. Is it the new meds or my insomnia getting worse? I am on prednisone for my low back/sciatic pain, neurontin for my nerve issues, Excedrin Migraine for headaches and percocet for pain. Half are like uppers, half are like downers and I am scared my body is revolting.

I am having somewhat of a life with the new meds, minus the sleep issue. Was able to shop, clean, run errands and hang with the family today. That is nice. being a Wife and Mom is good. Not sleeping however is messing with my head. I am still for the most part positive.

I Love what God is showing me through all this. My earthly body is irrelevant, my heart is what matters and He is working on that daily. I am learning to trust and to be dependent. I have no choice really as I could not even pretend to face brain surgery without God. Having had two episodes where the general anesthesia didn't take fully or wasn't enough - I should be so scared but overall, I am hopeful. Praise The Lord!

2 comments:

  1. i WOULD BE CALLING THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did call them, several times and never got a call back. They were also rude to me when I called. When I called to tell them I had chosen another surgeon, the lady cut me off mid sentence and was so snotty. I went off on her. Not nice I know but I just couldn't imagine someone who is dealing with a patient facing brain surgery snap at that patient. I have decided blue cross can give the tens of thousands dollars to another Doctor's office. One who will answer my questions and treat me like a human. I could not be happier with ow U Of m has treated me.

    ReplyDelete