Friday, January 8, 2010

Sometimes, I forget.....

Planning like a fool here lately. As per my usual, I have changed plans 100 times. I have it all set now - finally! I am flying out Monday morning, with a 7 hour lay over in CHICAGO!! This is what makes me forget. I *LOVE* to travel but have been hardly anywhere. 5 days, 4 nights, 3 states, an amazing friend and lots of cool stuff to see and do. Makes me busy, I get excited and I forget, if only for a few, this isn't actually a vacation - I am "interviewing" Docs to see which one gets the privilege of doing my brain surgery :-(

Am I ready? Nope. Not even close. Aside from packing - emotionally, I am not sure I am ready to face this just yet. Not much choice as the first appointment is Tuesday afternoon. This is silly but I am freaked out about my hair. They shave a very large portion of the back of your head, typical incision is 7-8 inches long. I have short, curly, layered hair. No hiding this for me. What do I do? Shave it all or look like a fool with a reverse mullet? I don't even like my hair, never have - why do I care?

I have two days to deal with getting ready to go. I will make 100 lists, check them 100 times and try not to freak at not seeing the hot hubbie, kiddos and my Danes for 5 days :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment