Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Doctor Updates

Trying to get everything scheduled the weeks between Christmas and New Year's has proven to be a challenge. I do have some appointments in the works though!

January 8th - Tilt Table Test to rule out POTS which is fairly common in people that have Chiari I guess

January 14th - Dr. Di in Cleveland - may have to re-schedule this one once I speak with Dr. Sekula's office - would love to combine these two visits as they are only 2 hours away from each other

January 24th - Dr. Sullivan in Ann Arbor - don't have high hopes for him but will see what he says

Films sent to Dr. Heffez in WI, waiting on a call to see if he will see me (he won't unless I am a surgical candidate which we believe I am)

Waiting on a call from Dr. Sekula's office to schedule my appointment

In an ideal world, I will have all this initial stuff done by the end of January. I am trying to plan a mini-vacation for my family and am stuck in limbo until I have everything scheduled. Our thought process is to de-stress and just hang with the kiddos before surgery. We have no idea how the recovery will be and figured as a family, we'd go into it on a high note. We are thinking of doing a waterpark, not too far from the house - maybe an hour away and being gone for 3 days, 2 nights. Plus this will give us a dry run of our plans for house/dog sitting while we are potentially out of state for surgery. Not sure how the Danes will do, they have some Mama issues to say the least!

As for me, today is a good day. Did wayyy too much two days ago and paid for it dearly yesterday. I had the worst headache ALL day and finally woke up pain free this morning. Taking it easy for the most part today. Will take the doggies and kiddos on a trail walk and wear them all out - that's the hope anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment