Monday, February 15, 2010

And then there is home



I have yet to figure out how to put pics where I want them in the blog so for now - we must deal with it this way. This picture is right after my first shower, about 48 hours after surgery. Wow - that felt amazing!!

Dave says I have things out or order. I kinda knew that would happen so I am resorting to bribing him to tell his version. We shall see if he does it or not.

So, after I visit my new friend, they come in and give me the amazing news that I get to go home! YAY!!! The ride home was - well - OUCH! We live about 1 1/2 hours away from U of M and despite being in a roomy van and having pillows, it HURT!

I have two great danes, my adult is a rescue, 140 pounds of pure joy named Apollo. My puppy Duke is 7 months old and a beast at about 120 pounds. To say they are mama's boys is an understatement. They follow me everywhere. I was more than a tad afraid how they would react when I walked in. We blocked them out of the living room with chairs and I gave them love over the chairs in a safe fashion. My son Eric, who will get his own post one day he has been so amazing through all this, fed them and then I got to say hello. I missed my babies and was so happy to get my leans in.

The 4 youngest kids were at their Dad's and I plopped down, well ok more like crawled into bed. I had bought new pillows before surgery, including a memory foam one. Laying on my side is the only way my head feel remotely OK and this pillow is a life saver. I made a bunch of calls and that was my evening. With the couch in the living room and Mama in bed - Dave, the Danes and kitties were all very content to just lay with me.

It is now Monday night and I am caught up to Friday night - I'm getting there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment