Saturday, February 13, 2010

Officially a zipperhead!

Once again, I am bad at blogging :-( I am done with surgery and even home. Since I am so far behind - this will take a few posts to get caught up on things.

The day before the surgery was better than I thought. I had moments of freaking out but I kept busy and that helped. we got the kids hair cuts, cleaned up and moved the bed downstairs. I won't be limited on stairs but figured this would be an easier way for me to re-coop. I must say, the living room looks silly with a bed in it but it is rather convenient. I think the next house will have to have the master bedroom on the main floor!

Morning of surgery I woke up too early, nerves were there but not as bad I had imagined. I puttered around until it was time to get Dave up. The ride down to U Of M was good, as long as we didn't discuss the actual surgery. Once I saw the actual hospital, I kinda freaked. My heart went in my gutt and I was so afraid. I wanted to go home. I wanted to be anywhere but facing brain surgery. Dave was my rock. He did cry that morning when we both let our guard down and felt the fear but other than that he was my trooper.

More later, my time spent upright is still limited to about 1/2 hour tops before I have to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment