Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Now where were we?


Sounds silly but one of my biggest fears was what I would look like with the shaved head. Yeah I knew it was only a part but it still bugged me. I have hair with a mind of it's own anyways, curly, frizzy and disobedient. I was so shocked when my hair covered most of the incision :-) You can see some of the staples at the bottom but not many! YAY!! I didn't even have to work for this :-



I think it is Wednesday now, not super sure, the days all kind of blend honestly. The last few days have been the same. Each day a tad better than the last, with the exception of morning and evening. I am on this plan to hopefully wean off the narcs and stick with just the muscle relaxers as that is most of my pain, from my poor neck muscles.

I sleep a lot. I sleep hard and long and night and usually take one good nap during the day. My day consists of bugging people on facebook and playing farmville. I also spend my day fighting with my dogs and cats. They love the concept of the big bed which has Mama in it in the living room except that Great Danes take up the entire bed so I am forever asking one to leave. Like their Mom, they sleep hard so it is no easy feat to move them :-) The cats seem to adore my pillows and no matter how fast I go from moving them to getting my head back down on my pillow, they are faster and we repeat the process. lol

Eric is still taking care of me. He feeds me, finds my lost slippers, phones or whatever else I loose and takes care of the doggies for me. He is such a good kid.

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Amy,

    Don't worry about ANYTHING but HEALING! Normal healing progression from what I've read from your blog so far. REST!

    Know my prayers are with you!

    May your days be filled with what matters MOST in life ... Love, kindness, compassion, understanding, respect, and relief!

    In the spirit of paying it forward,
    Nic

    Nicole@chiariansunite.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about being worried about your hair! I was obsessed about mine 4 yrs ago when I had my zipper installed. I even died my hair pink before surgery to celebrate it before the surgeon shaved it off.

    Happy, healthy, speedy healing to you my dear!

    I'm adding you to my blog list to follow your journey!

    Shalunya
    http://gypsyshalunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nic and Shalunya!

    Pink hair - wow I must see pics! I am going to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Amy and Shalunya,

    My son went in with a bright yellow Mohawk for his spinal surgery! Tried to go in with a purple one but it didn't take!

    Hope your day is a pain free one!

    May your days be filled with what is MOST important in life ... love, kindness, compassion, understanding, respect, and relief!

    In the spirit of paying it forward,
    Nic

    ReplyDelete