Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First few days home

The picture from after the shower really should have gone here as I wasn't allowed to take a shower until Saturday. I begged Dave to let me take it early but he wouldn't have it. By the time it came time for my shower, it was the highlight of my day! Maybe I went overboard but not knowing how the shower would affect me, we set up this elaborate set up. Towel down on floor, metal folding chair on top with another towel on the seat and Dave in the bathroom with me just in case. It went well and felt so good!! I was afraid the water hitting my incision would hurt but it felt wonderful! He helped me a tad as lifting my arms up was still a chore and bending down to wash my feet was freeky! Sadly though, this was all I could do for the day. I was exhausted and hurting. We laid around watching TV the rest of the night.

I slept so good that night. I didn't wake up once. Maybe it's the meds, maybe it's the fact that I am not drinking as much as a horse who crossed the dessert anymore - who knows but it was nice! Woke up really wanting to go to church. Our former church, the one we got saved,baptized and married in finally bought their own building and this was their first service there. I really wanted to see it. I also know how many people from that church prayed for me and I wanted to show them the fruits of their labors. God is faithful, has been through this with me and I wanted to show people just how amazing He is! It is not by my strength I was able to go but God's alone.

Yet again, the shower and hour spent in church was all she wrote for that day.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Glad you were able to attend church and maybe inspire those that had prayed for you.

    To many more days of improvement!

    God Bless,
    Jen Grice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! I do hope they saw the fruits of their labors. A group gets up several days a week and prays at some insane hour, usually when I am drifting off to bed and I was on their list. If only for a moment, God used me to say "See, here - it works, keeps praying' I am glad I went :-)

    ReplyDelete