Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Doc update

Forgot to update the Doc stuff!

I put in a call to my surgeons office to get some a few items clarified. First of all, I asked for a referral to the pain clinic for the steroid injections for my back. My prednisone taper begins tomorrow which means the sciatic pain will return and I am nowhere near ready to tackle the back surgery. She said it can takes up to 4 weeks to get in but she will ask if they can squeeze me in sooner. I pray for God's favor! I have a follow up with my Doc in 3 weeks and it's up to me if I up the neurontin dosage. I am down to one or two narcotic doses a day, by evening the pain is intense. The sharp pain that sent me to the ER and the reason for the neurontin was ordered is here this morning so I may have no choice but to increase the dose. I will rest most of today and see if that helps. I was hoping to stay at the smaller dosage as it has less effects on me than the higher dose. I can live with the side effects, I would just rather not :-(

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are in so much pain! I know taking pain meds gets old but if you are hurting nip it in the butt, then it doesn't have time to progress. You won't need the meds soon!

    Thanks for commenting on my page, I think you are right about too much research. Sometimes I scare myself and I guess my journey won't be like someone else's so I kind of just have to live it.

    My appointment is with Dr. Polin in Clackamas, Oregon. After my primary care doctor and the neurologist reviewed my MRI that is who they referred me to so we will see what he says.

    I'm glad you like the wedding pictures... I can't believe the wedding was a year ago!

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Dr. Polin experienced with Chiari? Not just any neurosurgeon will do for this and if I may be so bold as to suggest you get a few opinions. I have heard great things about Dr. Oro in Oregon - http://www.auroramed.com/conditions_we_treat/chiari_malformation He may be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete