Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's a checklist kinda morning!

Was having a bad day the other day (gee that's shocking huh? lol) and was trying to lift myself out when I sat down and was thinking how many of my Chiari symptoms are gone. Figured I would make a list. So far, here are my pre-surgery symptoms that are now GONE!

~The dreaded Chiari headaches
~The constant thirst, which also means the constant bathroom trips
~The nueropathy in my hands and arms
~The burning in my leg muscles when I walk up stairs
~The squishy sound in my left ear
~The insomnia
~My hands and feet are warm for the first time in - well, for the first time I remember

I also decided to make a list of things I *CAN* and have done now, just past 3 weeks after my surgery.

~I have gone grocery shopping alone
~I can drive (not distances, but I have drove 45 minutes once!)
~I can cook a meal again
~I rode my motorcycle 3 whole blocks!
~I can walk up to an hour

Mind you, any of these activities wear me out still and I need a nap but I *CAN* do them! I do tire very easily and am sore a lot but I think I see the other side finally. YAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's all in the attitude girl!!!! Enjoy every single blessing that you can accomplish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attitude is like spring in Michigan - it can't make up it's mind! Sadly! Thanks for the encouragement though, it is much needed on bad days.

    ReplyDelete