Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I feel for the poor mortals

I have been cocky when it comes to my health. Not my conditions, my regular health. I *NEVER* get sick! I am talking the flu and colds. When I do get them, it is usually fast and furious. A few horrible hours and then I am back to normal. I have never understood horrible colds or the flu that lasts days. I have not experienced them. Until now.

I am still VERY sick! I live on Nyquil. This cold has kicked my butt and taken my name for sure. When I cough, my head hurts so I am living on Nyquil. The gold standard for colds, you'd think after all these years they could make it taste a little better. At least it works. I am weak, my chest and head hurt and I am a big baby! Cranky, needy and just not fun to be around. Now I get it! Dave even said he has never seen me this sick in the six years we have been together. Not sure if the surgery itself has made me more prone or the steroids but either way - being sick SUCKS!!!

Finally heard from the pain clinic. I have an appointment Tuesday at 5:00. I am glad I get to talk to the Doc before the injection, even if it means waiting a few. Of course I say that now since I am so sick I can't do a thing so the back isn't an issue.

Trying not to get down. Trying to remember this is a season. Trying to hold out hope that it gets better.....

1 comment:

  1. Amy, feel better soon!!! Sending you blessings and chicken noodle soup! Would love to hear how the pain appt goes.

    ReplyDelete