Monday, March 22, 2010

UGH - get me a tissue!!!

As if I don't have enough health crap going on, I now have a fierce cold. Stuffy nose, congested in the chest, sore throat - the whole deal. I haven't had a cold this bad in years but this doesn't surprise me, having been on prednisone for more than a month.

Made it through an hour of church Sunday, 1/2 hour more than the last time I tried so I guess that's progress. Sad part is that it was my back that made me leave early. It does end right? I am at the point where just taking a shower brings on one of the back fits and I am DONE for hours :-( Still waiting for the Doctor at the pain clinic to review my file so I can get in to see them. It cannot happen fast enough. I REALLY want a new MRI of my lower back, the last one was 1 1/2 years ago and things are VERY different now. The pain is way stronger, the weakness and tingling is new and now the pain is higher up my back. The plan is to get one at the 3 month check-up, MRI's of my entire spine and that should suit the Neurosurgeon until the back surgery. He wants the MRI to be within 6 months of surgery. If the steroid shots do not work, I will not make it until fall for surgery. I have NO quality of life as is. I cannot do anything. I can't even sweep a room :-(

Had a super nice surprise yesterday. My oldest son is staying with us for a few days. This may be the last longish visit we get before he goes off to basic training. Daniel is a Chaplain's Assistant in the Michigan National Guard. It sure is nice to have them all under one roof again.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, so sorry to hear you aren't doing so well. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you feel all better. What a joy to have all your kids home again!!!! Blessings to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete